Using Your TRU-REZ™ Surfaces
- Avoid cutting directly on the countertop with knives or sharp objects. Always use a cutting board or mat.
- Do not drop or hit the countertop directly with hard utensils to avoid permanent scratches or dents.
- Do not slide abrasive materials across your countertop, such as earthenware dishes, to avoid permanent scratches to the finish.
- Do not place hot objects, such as a frying pan, directly on the countertop. Always use a trivet.
- Avoid the use of small appliances, such as coffee pots, that may cause heat or moisture damage near any seams or edges.
- Keep all joints, seams and sink frame areas dry. Clean liquid spills in these areas immediately. Not doing so could cause moisture damage and swelling.
How to Clean Your TRU-REZ™ Countertop
- To clean your countertop, use a damp cloth and a mild soap or detergent. Immediately dry the countertop – pooling water may eventually soak in and cause damage.
- Immediately clean up spills with a cloth; if need be, use mild detergent and warm water to clean. Dry immediately.
- For tougher stains, use a mild detergent and a soft bristled brush. Dry immediately.
TRU-REZ™ countertops can be dusted with non-oily furniture spray or specific countertop cleaning sprays.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, or cleaners containing acids, alkali or bleach. Avoid spilling drain cleaner, textile or food dyes on your countertop as this can stain.