Congratulations on your new TRU-REZ™ countertop from Vangura! With proper care and maintenance, your new TRU-REZ™ countertop will give you many years of wonderful service. For a period of one year from the date of delivery or installation by Vangura, Vangura warrants that the countertop workmanship will be free from manufacturing defects. Within the one-year time period, Vangura will, at its discretion, repair or replace the countertop if it fails due to a defect in workmanship. The repair or replacement does not include associated labor costs. The warranty applies only to properly installed TRU-REZ™ product under normal use and wear. The warranty does NOT cover the following:
(1) Water damage. Do not allow water, wet rags, plants, dish racks or appliances (e.g., coffee makers) to sit on or near deck seams or edges of your TRU-REZ™ countertop. Doing so can cause the seam to bubble and swell. When washing the countertop, dry the area immediately; do not allow water to sit. Dishwashers must be positioned forward enough as to not allow hot steam to penetrate the substrate and swell it. Because all of the aforementioned damage is caused by moisture, it is not covered under the warranty.
(2) Improper installations or product modifications, repairs or alterations made to the countertop, miter joints or sink cut-outs, etc, by someone other than Vangura.
(3) Defects arising from improper care and cleaning of the TRU-REZ™ product according to the guidelines provided by Vangura (see below). Improper care and cleaning includes using abrasive cleaners or steel wool scouring pads, cleaners containing acids, alkali or bleach; oven and metal cleaners, magic erasers, chlorine bleaches, lime or mineral cleaners, etc. Hair dye will also damage the countertop and is not covered under Vangura’s warranty.
(4) Heat in excess of 212 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat damages include, but are not limited to, excessive heat due to heaters, electric cook pots, frying pans, coffee pots, appliances, table top grills, cigarettes, etc.
(5) Product failure from fire, water, improper handling or storage, biological infestations or other circumstances creating conditions beyond the reasonable operating tolerance of the product; product failure due to acts of God.
(6) Cosmetic irregularities of the installed TRU-REZ™ product due to compromising install situations, such as uneven cabinets or walls.
(7) Misuse or abuse of the countertop after it has been delivered and accepted by the receiving party.
Vangura does not warrant against variation in patterns and colors where seams are present. This warranty only applies to Vangura’s TRU-REZ™ product that is stored, handled and installed in the manner recommended by Vangura. Vangura has the right to determine whether the defectively manufactured countertop should be repaired or replaced. Vangura shall have the right to inspect any TRU-REZ™ countertop that is claimed to have been defectively manufactured to determine that the claim is within the warranty as defined herein. This warranty is not transferable and expires upon resale or transfer by the first consumer purchase.
Please follow Vangura’s maintenance guidelines below when caring for your TRU-REZ™ countertop.
Using Your TRU-REZ™ Countertop
- Avoid cutting directly on the countertop with knives or sharp objects. Always use a cutting board or mat.
- Do not drop or hit the countertop directly with hard utensils to avoid permanent scratches or dents.
- Do not slide abrasive materials across your countertop, such as earthenware dishes, to avoid permanent scratches to the finish, especially a gloss finish, or to the countertop itself.
- Do not place hot objects, such as a frying pan, directly on the countertop. Always use a trivet.
- Avoid the use of small appliances, such as coffee pots, that may cause heat or moisture damage near any seams or edges.
- Keep all joints, seams, and sink frame areas dry. Clean liquid spills in these areas immediately. Not doing so could cause moisture damage and swelling.
- Cook top ranges must be elevated high enough as to not allow direct heat or fumes to damage the edges of the countertop.
How to Clean Your TRU-REZ™ Countertop
- To clean your countertop, use a damp cloth and a mild soap or detergent. Immediately dry the countertop – pooling water may eventually soak in and cause damage.
Immediately clean up spills with a cloth; if need be, use mild detergent and warm water to clean. Dry immediately.
- For tougher stains, use a mild detergent and a soft bristled brush. Dry immediately.
- TRU-REZ™ countertops can be dusted with non-oily furniture spray or specific countertop cleaning sprays.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, or cleaners containing acids, alkali or bleach. Avoid spilling drain cleaner, textile or food dyes on your countertop as this can stain your countertop.