Homeowners who have limited carpentry and basic plumbing skills are able to install a Vangura® stone vanity countertop.
- Tape Measure
- Caulking gun
- Desired color caulk
- Clean, damp cloth
Step 1: Countertop Selection
- Measure existing vanity base.
- Select the correct ready-made countertop size to complement your existing base.
Step 2: Removal
- Turn off water supply at the shutoff valves.
- If necessary, remove old vanity top and sink.
- Remove any brackets, screws, bolts and caulk holding the countertop to the cabinets.
- Disconnect plumbing fixtures.
- Remove the old countertop.
Step 3: Installation
- If you’re using an undermount sink application, attach the sink bowl to the countertop. For an easy guide, watch our instructional video.
- Set your new Vangura®countertop in place on top of the base cabinets.
- Make sure the cabinet base is strong, sturdy and level.
- Before permanently adhering the countertop to the cabinet, check to be certain that drawers and doors open freely.
- To attach countertop to cabinet: remove the countertop, place a bead of caulk along the top of the cabinet frame and replace the countertop. Press firmly to give the countertop a snug fit.
- For a top mount sink application: place a healthy bead of caulk in the area of the countertop where the rim of the sink will rest. Be sure to use enough caulking material as this becomes the water barrier to prevent water from entering the interior of the cabinet and to hold the sink in place.
- Attach optional backsplash with caulk. Press and hold for a snug fit.
- Wipe down all excess caulk with damp cloth for a clean, professionally installed look.
- Reconnect plumbing as necessary.