Using Your Laminate Countertop
- Avoid cutting directly on the countertop with knives or sharp objects. Always use a cutting board or mat.
- Do not drop or hit the countertop directly with hard utensils to avoid permanent scratches or dents.
- Do not slide abrasive materials across your countertop, such as earthenware dishes, to avoid permanent scratches to the finish, especially a gloss finish, or to the laminate countertop itself.
- Do not place hot objects, such as a frying pan, directly on the laminate countertop. Always use a trivet.
- Avoid the use of small appliances, such as coffee pots, that may cause heat or moisture damage near any seams or edges.
- Keep all laminate joints, seams and sink frame areas dry. Clean liquid spills in these areas immediately. Not doing so could cause moisture damage and swelling.
- Cook top ranges must be elevated high enough as to not allow direct heat or fumes to damage the edges of the laminate countertop.
How to Clean Your Laminate Countertop
- To clean your countertop, use a damp cloth and a mild soap or detergent. Immediately dry the countertop – pooling water may eventually soak in and cause damage.
- Immediately clean up spills with a cloth; if need be, use mild detergent and warm water to clean. Dry immediately.
- For tougher stains, use a mild detergent and a soft bristled brush. Dry immediately.
- Laminate countertops can be dusted with non-oily furniture spray or specific countertop cleaning sprays.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, or cleaners containing acids, alkali or bleach. Avoid spilling drain cleaner, textile or food dyes on your laminate countertop as this can stain your laminate countertop.
Follow these guidelines to keep your laminate countertop beautiful for many years to come. Please fill out our Laminate Warranty Form below to register your laminate countertop with Vangura.
If you have questions regarding Vangura’s Laminate Warranty or Maintenance, please give us a call at 412-824-7777.